Saturday, June 06, 2009

Compass Rose: Volvo Ocean Race

I've been following Around The World sailing since a young child, though in 2005 there was something about that year's Volvo Ocean Race which captured my imagination and has been a compass rose ever since. I knew prior to leaving Pfizer, Inc. that I would like to work with this event in some capacity. Curious to what my own reaction would be if someone had walked up to me after a long day of lab work, informing that I'd be working along side the Volvo Ocean Race by 2008.

Back to the Volvo Ocean Race is what's next on my agenda, leaving for Sweden June 10th and reporting live by the 11th and through to the finish in St. Petersburg, Russia. Wrapping up Boston was bittersweet but getting back to the event and it's people will be exciting. Looking forward to keeping the behind the scenes scoop flowing.

Next report will be from Marstrand Sweden ~ Cheers!

No comments: