Have you seen this logo at a regatta near you?
If you have a passion for the natural world our darling sailboats call home, this club is a perfect fit for you and your team.
The Clubs Mission:
- The OCYC acts to harness the spirit, dedication and strength of the sailing community to promote ocean conservation.
- The OCYC seeks to advocate for the protection of the world’s oceans by harnessing the support of sailors everywhere. The OCYC will inform and inspire the sailing community and empower OCYC members to take small actions with big impact for ocean protection. We are guided by a simple principle to make marine environments healthy and ecologically diverse.
- The OCYC will encourage sailors to engage in ocean conservation at local, state, national and international levels.
- The OCYC will inform sailors about the threats to oceans, solutions to the problems and provide pathways to action.
- The OCYC will provide a unique voice that acts as a bridge between the sailing community and conservation communities in order to bring them closer together.
- The OCYC will provide recommendations for how sailors can sail more responsibly.
- To OCYC will provide a unique social network for sailors and ocean conservationists worldwide.
I will be periodically contributing to the club's bog covering topics on being a "Sustainable Sailor."