1. Go to bed with clear pee
(first and easiest self check a person can do to monitor their hydration and though a few giggles, they all are earnest to start tomorrow well hydrated!)
2. 3-5min pre-bed leg drain
(The simplest way to help blood and lymphatic fluid return to the heart and liver for proper "recycling")
3. Place a glass of water by bed for consumption first thing in the morning
(Start the day hydrated and you are already a step above the rest!)
The other point well received and my favorite for small boat sailors: pack a post sailing recovery meal:
- 50/50 water sports drink mix
- Peanut butter and jelly sandwich on whole grain
- Cut up oranges, a banana
And finally, my favorite came from the coaches: Mental Readiness!
- Confidence (To be built through practice!)
- Concentration (Deal with issues as an "Event", address and think forward)
We had a cool discussion on how to practice concentration and ways to keep your mind wondering . . .this would be good on big boats as I have found myself hiked out on the rail during long legs leaving the boat and going someplace far away . . . . hmmm . . I think before you can practice you have to "acknowledge" you sometimes lose concentration. Oh boy...
It's time for dinner and I am beyond excited about tomorrow. Stay tuned for tomorrows report!
Fair Winds ~ Jenn