Saturday, May 02, 2009

College Sailing, Live Music and Family Fun

There was something for everyone at Fan Pier today. My preference, the ICSA National Semi-Finals. It was impressive all the college sailors who completely overtook the Race Village and Harbor Walk.

VORBoston_5315

VORBoston_5348

VORBoston_5518

VORBoston_5380

The college kids were a welcomed addition to the scene, though the Red Sox Mascot Wally put a massive smile on my face. He went head to head with "The Duck" on the coffee grinders where he was the victor.

VORBoston_7810

VORBoston_5416

They reminded me what a family friendly event this is, drawing much of my attention to all the "little ones" running about, playing and clearly have a good time!

VORBoston_5398

VORBoston_5574

VORBoston_5614

There's been some form of live music virtually everyday as well, street performers and the daily exhibits.

VORBoston_5617

While all this is going on, the syndicates Wet Teams carry on with work as usual. It's nice to have them on "display."

VORBoston_5622

Reviewing all the shots I just posted would say it was was a good day. We were not short on visitors! Between the college event and natural draw of Puma City, taking photos was a challenge at times.

VORBoston_5507

We are all hoping for more of the same tomorrow. The college teams are back at it and I hope to be on-the-water to cheer on the Conn College Camels who I had the joy of working with last season. Yah!

Till then...have a stack of paper work to go through for one of the "hats" I wear: supporting operations and logistics for next weekend's In Port and Pro Am race. Dear me the details, ignorance was bliss! (It's actually been the best learning experience ever, it's better than a college internship!)

No comments: